Murder and Mayhem Murder Mystery Quilt BOM 2018, Monthly Subscription
This option is for the mystery story and pattern only each month...Click here to see the option that includes a fabric kit each month.
We believe in instant gratification! If you purchase this BOM now, you will receive a download link after you check out to download the digital copy of the first chapter, fabric list and cutting/sewing instructions for the first block. If you decide to purchase the paper copy, you will also be able to download these items upon checkout with a hardcopy to follow in the mail to your address.
Our murder mystery is set on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state and the quilt reflects the colors and activities of that area of the country ⎯ blues and greens with splashes of color added in for contrast! This is not your traditional mystery quilt where you have no idea what the quilt will look like and you end up picking colors and fabrics blindly. I have more than one ugly mystery quilt that was a waste of time and money because I didn't know what the quilt was going to look like in the end and couldn't coordinate fabrics, colors, prints, etc.
This is a traditional BOM and the "mystery" comes in the form of a murder mystery. Each month, you'll receive a chapter of the book "The Devil You Know" and a pattern for that month's quilt block. This picture of the EQ7 design is what the quilt will look like. We chose cool colors with a couple of bring accents. Knowing what the quilt looks like will help you pick colors and fabrics and you'll end up with a quilt you'll love!!
Finished quilt measures 62" by 62" square...
This BOM starts on January 1, 2018. Start your new year with a fun year-long project! Join now and we'll send you January's block cutting/sewing instructions, the first chapter, and fabric/supply list so you can get started early.
Join the fun! This 12-month BOM combines a fun murder mystery story and a quilt pattern along with the fabric kit for that month's block. Each month, you'll receive a chapter of the book, a pattern for a quilt block and a fabric kit. By the end of the year, you'll know who-did-it and you'll have a finished quilt! You can cancel at anytime but you'll miss out on some fabulous prices available to those who stay with us for the entire year. In 2018, our prizes will be:
- One complete quilt in the original fabrics shown below. Autographed by the author and designer, this is a one-of-a-kind quilt. Made exclusively of Hoffman Bali Dots batiks.
- One Aurifil Limited Edition Train Case with 24 large spools of 50wt thread in their most popular colors ($390 value)
- A sewing tote bag filled with all kinds of sewing goodies including large spools of Aurifil thread, Bonin dressmaker scissors (8-1/2" blades with graduated inner blade has a 3" scale on the inner blade to allow youto cut precise lengths without measuring before hand). Bohin needles and heatproof pins, Clover's Wonder Clips, and more! Sewing bag unfolds to easily access all your sewing supplies plus has a flat surface with heat-resistant surface to press small items while you're sewing. Fold back up and you're on your way!
- An iron tote and Dritz Mighty Steam iron. Tote unfolds and lies flat. Has a heat-resistant surface for pressing next to your sewing machine, etc., without damaging the surface below. Perfect for classes or retreats — when you're done pressing, simply refold your tote and you can place your hot iron inside to safely carry it home.
- A collection of 12 large spools of Aurifil 50wt thread in your choice of colors inan Aurifil storage box.
There's no need to guess the murderer — if you signed up for our Murder and Mayhem Murder Mystery Quilt BOM and stayed with us through the last month, your name is in the drawing...and we're giving away monthly prizes, too, to those who participate that month.
Click on the image below to read Dock of the Bay, the first chapter in our Murder and Mayhem Murder Mystery Quilt story "The Devil You Know."